Friday, January 1, 2016

Docear integration with PDFXCviewer through PlayOnLinux

Started exploring Docear (http://www.docear.org/) that is a "a unique solution to academic literature management, i.e. it helps you organizing, creating, and discovering academic literature". Downloading, starting it on my 15.10 Ubuntu went without problem. Configuring it to use the recommended PDF viewer application (PDFXCviewer) needed some tweaking, maybe because I installed it with PlayOnLinux.

Configuring it in Docear's preferences at the PDF Management needs the following command given:

playonlinux*--run*PDFXCview*/A*page=$PAGE*`winepath -w "$FILE"`


5 comments:

  1. I had to add "" around $FILE as winpath gives back multiple paths if $FILE includes space(s).

    ReplyDelete
  2. it should be modified according to your current installer calling style though.

    In my case, the shortcut is

    /usr/share/playonlinux/playonlinux --run "PDF-Xchange Viewer" %F

    So my setting became

    /usr/share/playonlinux/playonlinux*--run*PDF-Xchange Viewer*/A*page=$PAGE*`winepath -w "$FILE"`

    I hope this helps. :)

    ReplyDelete